The kdebase purpose (Was: Re: Moving KMail, KNode, Korn and related libraries to kdepim)

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Thu Jan 16 11:00:54 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 23:58, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 January 2003 23:31, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > so what is the problem with a separate module that contains the
> > ioslaves ?
>
> <snip>
>
> Speaking as a kroupware project participant:
> That it's another module to package and care about through development.
>
> Speaking as a KDE developer:
> That'd be a fine solution.

I think it's pointless to have an ioslaves module. So many things depend
on these slaves that KDE would be virtually useless without them, so it
would end up being just as necessary as kdelibs. That's why I say either
kdelibs or the place where they are really needed.

Bo.

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark