Moving KMail, KNode, Korn and related libraries to kdepim

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Jan 11 01:44:58 GMT 2003

On Saturday 11 January 2003 02:39, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
<snip>
> As said before, with KParts, DCOP, plugins etc. we have technology at
> our hands which provides modular solutions without the need to put
> everything in one place.
<snip>

This is a very important point and it has been considered in Osnabrueck,
too, of course. The move can probably be seen as evidence of incapacity
to really employ all the component framework technology that we have in
KDE, but OTOH, we have the chance to do a much more effective
refactoring (if finally one at all) if we have the immediate benefit
that it is automatically cross-apps without the need for BC libraries
and stable DCOP interfaces in kdelibs in the short run.

Marc

--
I am Bush of USA. You will be pacified. Resistance is futile.