Moving KMail, KNode, Korn and related libraries to kdepim

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Fri Jan 10 19:27:46 GMT 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > |  from face to face. After weighing the pros and the cons we finally came
> > |  to the unanimous conclusion that KMail and the corresponding libs (and
> > |  therefore also KNode and Korn which also depend on those libs) should
> > |  be moved.
>
> ... and lanbrowsing and some other "small" things.
> Yes, this will make kdenetwork quite empty and kdepim suddenly quite
> important.

If there's code being shared by both PIM applications (I have no idea what
that acronym actually means anymore, though, since KNotes moved in with
us) why not create an additional module dependency? We've been keeping the
dependency tree flat forever now, arts < libs < everything else. But at
what cost? Now we've got giant application moves required because of the
"shared code" desire. The options presented so far have been

1) move shared code to kdelibs
2) move applications to one module (kdepim?)

where's option

3) move shared code to new module and extend the dependency tree

?