user interaction in kimgio plugins

Michael Ritzert kde at ritzert.de
Fri Jan 10 13:54:36 GMT 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 02:18:25PM +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Friday 10 January 2003 13:36, Klaas Freitag wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > So (for KDE4?) I propose to create a framework to handle this situation.
> > > Passing (within QImageIO) a QWidget* to use as a parent for dialogs would
> > > propable suffice in many situations. Adding a "bool quiet" tackles case
> > > c) from above.
> > > Is this a feasible way to go?
> >
> > I like this idea. And why not (as an option) go one step further and
> > provide help on the different image formats on places where the format is
> > selectable? I tried to do this in Kooka with the image save assistant.
>
> I think it is certainly a problem that should be addressed so if you manage to
> come up with something that works that would be great.

Ok. So if this is considered a valuable addition to KDE, let's do it!
Everybody please post your wishes, usecases, etc. so that we can put
together sth. like a small specification. I propose putting it on
developer.kde.org so that everybody has read/write access to it. It
wouldn't have to be linked from anywhere.
Then we can decide on how to do it. Of course the implementation will
have to wait until BIC changes are allowed again.

Michael