Konqi previews revisited

Troels Tolstrup troels at tolstrup.org
Thu Jan 9 23:47:18 GMT 2003

On Torsdag den 9. januar 2003 22:43, Pal-Kristian Engstad wrote:
> On Thursday 09 January 2003 12:40 pm, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > As for the looks, how about defaulting the grid to the preview size
> > (which is bigger than the normal icon size) if previews are enabled
> > and relayout to the *smaller* size when done? Not quite perfect
> > (perfect would be a smooth relayout as soon as a line needs
> > expanding or shrinking, but at least in the kde 2.x days that was
> > waaaaay too slow, probably still today), but better to downsize
> > than overlay, and the easiest workaround for now.
>
> How about not resizing it at all? I.e., all preview sizes are the
> same.
>
> PKE.

There is an option to make the previews the same size as your icons. IMO
this should be default behavior, as to me, the different sizes looks
messy and gives a very bad first impression to new users. (and is part
of the problem here too i think)

 I think the reasoning was that the default size is following a
thumbnail standard that i hadnt even heard about, and much less care
about, at least as long as im using a general browser, and not a photo
handling program like apples iPhoto.

Mvh
Troels