New module for KPovModeler

Andreas Zehender zehender at kde.org
Sat Jan 4 19:25:08 GMT 2003

On Saturday 04 January 2003 17:40, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > Since kpovmodeler has 226 source files, I suggest to move it to
> > > kdeextragear-2.
> >
> > That makes the extragear an unorganized mess, similiar to kdenonbeta,
> > probably just worse.
>
> Unlike kdenonbeta, the applications in kdeextragear are maintained, and
> unlike kdenonbeta, there is a limit on the number of applications in each
> kdeextragear module. I think that those two factors are sufficient to
> prevent it from becoming a mess.

What I don't like about the kdeextragear idea is that each module consists of
a number of applications of any type and completely unlinked. The size
argument in kdegraphics still persists for kdeextragear: A user who wants to
install a small application in kdeextragear-2 doesn't want to download and
install kpovmodeler. I don't think packagers will ever distribute such
modules as a whole and that means that they are probably never be
distributed.

I would suggest a separate module.

Andreas
 Andreas Zehender, Dipl. Ing. (BA)