New module for KPovModeler

Andreas Zehender zehender at kde.org
Fri Jan 3 20:40:09 GMT 2003

Hi!

Can we get a decision on that?
Any opinions from other core developers? The release coordinator?

I don't mind if KPovModeler stays in the kdegraphics package. The move was
requested by other developers, not by me. Any solution would be acceptable by
me: A new 3d module, an own module or the kdegraphics package.

Greetings,
Andreas

On Tuesday 31 December 2002 12:58, Andreas Zehender wrote:
> Some weeks ago some developers suggested to move KPovModeler to a new
> module because of its specialization and its size.
>
> I merged our experimental branch during the feature freeze with the HEAD
> branch yesterday, so it would be a good time for us to move the application
> now.
>
> Two possibilities come to my mind: An own module named "kpovmodeler" (like
> kdevelop) or a generic 3d module. I would prefer a module kpovmodeler as I
> don't think there are or will be many kde application that would fit in a
> 3d module. Correct me if I am wrong.
>
> The code in the KDE_3_1_BRANCH has to remain in this branch, of course. Is
> it possible to move the code on the server to preserve the version history
> while not touching the 3.1 branch?
>
> We are developing a plugin framework, so we need a new directory structure
> for the kpovmodeler part. If kpovmodeler gets its own module, the directory
> kdegraphics/kpovmodeler should be moved to kpovmodeler/part.
> If a 3d module is created, kdegraphics/kpovmodeler should be moved to
> <new 3d module>/kpovmodeler/part
> The directories for i18n and docs have to be moved and adapted accordingly.

 Andreas Zehender, Dipl. Ing. (BA)
 Student, 10th semester computer science
 http://www.azweb.de
 az at azweb.de | zehender at kde.org