[infiniti at affinix.com: Re: libpsi port]

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Feb 25 04:01:50 GMT 2003

On Monday 24 February 2003 22:52, Daniel Stone wrote:

> You may still wish to #ifdef some code, say if you want to use KDE's SHA1
> implementation (does it have one?) instead of Cutestuff's.  In that case,
> just talk to me about it and I can add some conditions for referencing KDE
> code.

  No we didn't put in a SHA-1 implementation yet because we were starting to
see a library develop full of algorithms with uncommon interfaces.  It also
adds quite a bit of size to the library.  I have planned for a while to make
a consistent interface to hashing functions with a light weight dynamic
tables in memory when they don't even use 19 of them.  Maybe I'll get a
chance to do this for 3.2.  I have a framework made already which has proven
well for MD5 and SHA-1, so with a dynamic loading system and a bit of cleanup
and testing it might actually work well.

--

George Staikos