BIC monday?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Feb 24 16:02:52 GMT 2003

On Monday 24 February 2003 09:32, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> On Monday 24 February 2003 1:50 am, George Staikos wrote:
> > On Sunday 23 February 2003 15:51, Volker Augustin wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > what was the final outcome of the "BIC monday / friday" discussion?
> > > E.g. today the KAutoConfig classes where changed. And as kaudiocreator
> > > now uses the new API it cannot be compiled against a 2-day-old kdelibs.
> >
> >   That has nothing to do with BIC.  It has to do with new code being
> > added. New code will be added to kdelibs on a regular basis, and code
> > outside kdelibs will use it.
>
> Well it was about the same sense I added the new code to kdelibs and
> commited the usage code at the same time to kdegames and kdemultimedia.  It
> has the same effect on developers as BIC.  I should have waited and
> commited it on Friday.  (Is it Friday?)

  If we have to wait for doing that, nothing will get done.  For instance, I
added a few new methods to kglobalsettings and then proceeded to edit > 100
files in all the modules in CVS (I don't know how many were changed in the
end).  I didn't receive a complaint of similar nature to this.  The real
problem occurs when you actually break BC, and so everything has to be
rebuilt or it dumps core.

--

George Staikos