Kopete in kdenetwork

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Sun Feb 23 14:24:13 GMT 2003

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 06:12:04AM -0800, Neil Stevens wrote:
> If it turns out that KDE developers' position is that KDE should favor
> proprietary protocols, or proprietary services, so be it.  But the
> decision should be made, instead of being left ambiguous.

I'd agree with coolo on this one. Users (e.g me) will be pretty
annoyed to not have access to Yahoo/MSN/ICQ (the most frequently
used ones, seems like a roughly equal split from my group of
friends in any case). So, the only thing KDE can really do is make
a policy that says that Jabber (or any other open protocol???)
should be the "choice" protocol, i.e, put it top in the plugin list :)

But then, after George's comment i'd not like really to see libpsi
to go in unless the security stuff was disabled. And i'd much prefer
a KDE solution to the protocol anyways, though I understand the
reason behind its reuse...

mvg,
Alex