System tray problems in HEAD

Melchior FRANZ a8603365 at unet.univie.ac.at
Sun Feb 23 14:06:56 GMT 2003

* George Staikos -- Sunday 23 February 2003 08:27:
> in HEAD, opening apps from the system tray works fine (for instance clicking
> on the kscd or kmix tray icon opens the window).  However, closing the window
> via the system tray icon doesn't work.

This was caused by revision 1.23 to kdelibs/kdeui/ksystemray.cpp[1]. This should
improve the behavior of the systray (raise on click if minimized or not active;
hide otherwise). Unfortunately, this was only tested for "Click to Focus",
but it badly breaks the systray for "Focus (Strictly) Under Mouse".
   A similar patch was applied to kicker's taskbar, which is now broken for
the "Under Mouse" policies as well. Reverting 1.23 for the systray fixes the
bug. I didn't search for the patch in kicker.

m.   :-(

[1]
 revision 1.23
 date: 2002/12/27 20:11:11;  author: pfeiffer;  state: Exp;  lines: +35 -11
 fix minimize/restore behavior (make it work like the taskbar