KAutoConfig

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Feb 23 19:25:51 GMT 2003

Am Sonntag, 23. Februar 2003 02:12 schrieb Simon Hausmann:

Hi Simon,

> And the Trolls have done more: The code in the QSqlForm that
> utilizes the QSqlPropertyMap class does more or less exactly what
> KAutoConfig does, except that the information is stored/retrieved
> from a SQL database. (take a look at QSqlForm::readFields and
> writeFields, and of course at QSqlPropertyMap :)
>
> So all in all I believe it would be much better if KAutoConfig
> would simply make use of QSqlPropertyMap to read/write the
> configured properties to the given KConfig object. Making use of the

This give me the idea to also store KConfig data alternativly in a db instead
of text files.

How much effort would this cause?

(Using a db gives numerious advantages in large installations incl. easier
central management, roaming user support and speed)

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n