Kopete in kdenetwork

Daniel Stone dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Feb 23 08:29:14 GMT 2003

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 09:47:13AM -0300, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett scrawled:
> > Eventually some of us want to see the to-be-renamed jabber library in
> > kdelibs, but that's another matter.
>
> I agree.... libpsi is not a name that makes sense

It's the library from the Psi application. It makes perfect sense. If
anyone can come up with a KJabber that not only doesn't suck
horrifically, but can match it with libpsi, I'd be happy to see it. For
now, however, using KJabber would be crippling Kopete unacceptably, and
this is not something I will stand for. The Jabber plugin uses libpsi
because it's the only viable option, full stop.

The name is not our choice, it's upstream's, as well.

Daniel, original Kopete Jabber plugin author

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne