Checkboxes and clickable area

Maks Orlovich mo002j at mail.rochester.edu
Sat Feb 15 01:37:18 GMT 2003

> I find this behavior rather irritating (I accidentally toggled checkboxes,
> when I just wanted to give focus to a dialog) and submitted a bugreport to
> TT. Unfortunately, that behavior is "Windows compatibility".

Another options would be, if the Trolls are willing to apply a patch doing
that, to add a new StyleHint enum, something like
SH_DontToggleCheckBoxesOnClickingLabel, controllable by the widget style --
the same way other behavior emulation options are controlled - with the
default ("false") behavior being what it is right now, and true -- which we
can have KStyle return being your preferred behavior.. A concern with a
KCheckBox is that only some of the apps would use it, which would make things
horribly inconsistent....