Binary incompat Fridays?

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Feb 6 08:38:37 GMT 2003

argh, again the same question ... ;)

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:35:42PM -0800, Charles Samuels wrote:
> There are compilers that stupidly mangle the protection in the methods.

msvc++ for example. i'm impressed. ;)

> What can our policy be that, seeing as how almost

> none

all, even ...

> of us [developers] use gcc -- does this count as a BC issue

no, it's not bic according to our definition. we do some
"#define private public" trickery with some qt headers to access
internal data, so things would be really broken if any of our target
compilers mangled the permissions.

oh, btw, there seems to be a tendency to agree on monday instead of
friday.

greetings