WM managed MDI (was Re: Three different tab implementations)

falk.brettschneider at gmx.de falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Wed Feb 5 07:19:22 GMT 2003

> On 2003. February 04., Tuesday 21:49, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > Would second that, too ;)
> > QExtMdi would be a good base for the "kmdi lib" or how ever we call it.
> It
> > perhaps needs some cleanups and enhancements to support splitting and
> > (perhaps) IDEA style mdi modes, too, but better start with something
> > actually working allready since some years than with nothing.
> > We could cleanup it a bit, rename it to something which would fit better
> > with the rest of the kdelibs naming scheme and put it experminental in
> > kdelibs for 3.2 and add it to the public libs at least for 4.0 after
> it's
> > cleanup is completed and it's interfaces have stabilizied if it won't be
> > ready for 3.2, or ?
>  I would also like to see what's written above, altough my preference
> would be
> to have it available already in 3.2.
>
> Andras
> --
> Quanta Plus developer - http://quanta.sourceforge.net
> K Desktop Environment - http://www.kde.org

Fine with me.

Cheers
F at lk

P.S.: If you want, you can also drop the Qt-only compilation mode because it
might be in the way for some KDE-specific things.

FYI: Yesterday in kdevelop cvs, I've added QextMdiChildView*
QextMdiMainFrm::createWrapper(QWidget*,...) for convinient wrapping of your custom widgets
by the MDI control.