Structure of ftp.kde.org/pub/kde

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Tue Feb 4 12:27:41 GMT 2003

Am Dienstag, 4. Februar 2003 12:49 schrieb Waldo Bastian:
> On Tuesday 04 February 2003 12:36, Mickael Marchand wrote:
> > Le Mardi 4 Février 2003 10:23, Olaf Jan Schmidt a écrit :
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > The KDE Accessibility Project is about to release a beta version of the
> > > new kdeaccessibility package.
> > >
> > > I was wondering where best to place this on the KDE FTP server - none
> > > of the categories in apps/ really makes sense. Is it OK to add a
> > > directory apps/a11y for this? We could then also place releases of
> > > accessibility related software not yet ready for the kdeaccessibility
> > > package there.
> > >
> > > And do we have write access to ftp.kde.org with our normal CVS access,
> > > or do the kdepackagers need extra karma for this?
> > >
> > > Olaf.
> >
> > Commonly people upload pkgs to ftp://upload.kde.org, then we (me and
> > Klas) check them and move them to the ftp server.
> > I have no objection in creating a new dir for you, but this may be
> > decided by 'dudes' :) (coolo, dirk, waldo ?)
>
> You two are in charge of the apps section, do whatever you need to do :)

Good, since this accessibility project is not synced with KDE releases yet I
suggest you do as Mick suggested and then we will add a accessibility subdir
(please no a11y - i18n alone is cryptic enough). And a tip: telling us when
you uploaded stuff speeds up handling of it immensely :-)

Regards,
  Klas