automated printing in KDE

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Mon Feb 3 15:05:09 GMT 2003

George Staikos wrote:

> On Monday 03 February 2003 05:55, David Faure wrote:
>
>>In KOffice we added a DCOP call "print( bool quick )",
>>where quick=true means "use default printer, don't show dialog box".
>>
>>What about we do the same in khtml's DCOP interface?
>>Please test the attached patch.
>

>   Great!  It's good to see this propagating.  :-)
>
>   Other developers:  Please add this to your apps too!!  You can also make a
> konqueror/kfm "quickprint" menu entry.  Have a look at
> koffice/tools/quickprint for example .desktop files.

Good.

This is something which I had suggested already more than a year
ago. It was rejected at the time on the argument that "Microsoft
does it, and does it not well".

True -- Microsoft does it badly, f.e. in "Word". There the "quickprint"
button/menu entry is not distinguishable from the "normal" printing
(where you get the dialog, can select printer, etc.)

Please make sure that the two print options *do* distinguish
in their names and in their icons -- and all is well!

Cheers,
Kurt