RFC on default settings

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Dec 21 10:07:37 GMT 2003

On Sunday 21 December 2003 05:00, David Faure wrote:
> >    Visual is bad because beeps are often used to indicate when actions
> > are completed as well (such as a file transfer).  If you aren't looking
> > at konsole, you'll never know.
>
> That is not true. A bell appears in konsole's tab, so you can notice it
> even afterwards.

  Which requires you to........  look at it.

> I really prefer visual notifications over sound notifications. In an office

  One of the first things I do is turn off all sounds.  However on my desktop
I enable beeps in konsole.  On my laptop I don't.  On my laptop I constantly
miss konsole events, whereas on my desktop I do not.  Actually I never notice
the visual change even when I'm working in konsole at the time.  I have
somehow mentally tuned it out, which is not good.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/