[kde-doc-english] KDE Janitors (QA?) Proposal

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Sat Dec 20 15:07:01 GMT 2003

Am Samstag, 20. Dezember 2003 15:05 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle:
> Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Sat December 20 2003 12:36, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
>
> [....]
>
> > KDE is a very large project, as a developer it is impossible to be
> > subscribed and follow all mailinglists. A janitor can play an important
> > role here by shielding developers, bug fixers and artists from a lot of
> > the noise on many of the mailinglists and feeding these people the useful
> > bits of information.
>
> I think positions like this would be extremely good and beneficial
> for the development of KDE and its apps.
>
> And Waldo's assessment of the tasks to be covered and the skills
> required hits the nail on its head.
>
> The "white paper" of Carlos was a very good initiative. Let's put
> some action behind it.
>
> Also, it would pay if we were able to have a session/workshop on this
> during our 2004 Conference.
>
> > Another critical success factor might be the name ;-) People might not be
> > lining up to become "Janitor" :-)
>
> "Ombudsman" ?

That's what I'd associate most closely with the position and its tasks.
I'm no native speaker of English though.

> "Spokesman" ?
>
> "Liaison Officer" ?

Nice title, but with a military ring to it.
Now if everyone were trekkie-minded ;-)

> "Evangelist" ?

I think that doesn't accurately describe the tasks, does it?
They're more into propaganda.  At least in my company
people like that don't have the best name...

> "Product Manager" ?
>
> "Director for QA" ?

QA Manager?

Christian.