RFC on default settings

Maks Orlovich mo002j at mail.rochester.edu
Fri Dec 19 16:05:37 GMT 2003

On Friday 19 December 2003 10:46 am, Simon Perreault wrote:
> Maks Orlovich wrote:
> > None --- web polls simply are not a sensible way of making any decision.
>
> How then should we decide which theme is going to be the default for
> 3.2? This is a matter of taste, as both Plastik and Keramik are
> technically adequate.

Almost --- plastik has some performance problems (although it's quite
excellent in API coverage, and Sandro has done an amazing job responding to
bug reports). Not sure whether they matter in practice, of course.

 At any rate, as a biased party, I wouldn't comment on what's an /appropriate/
method for deciding --- however I object to development being commanded by a
non-representative sampling of users, since it represents neither users, nor
developers.