Integrative work

CPH cphennessy at openoffice.org
Thu Dec 18 01:56:23 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 23:16, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
> > El mié, 17-12-2003 a las 18:06, Marcos Dione escribió:
> > On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 05:36:57PM -0500, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
>
> wrote:
> > > Yes.  Perhaps a library trap, though, might be better.
> >
> >     preliminary, I think (that means, i haven't think it too deeply)
> > that this way not only it could be possible make those apps use the
> > dialogs, but also technologies like kio, which I think is one of the
> > most impressive things of kde (don't start flames on what I'm missing
> >
> > :), 'only' in the penalty of some cpu cycles (time). or am I just
> >
> > dreaming/talking nonsense?
>
> This is not only feasible, technically speaking, it has been done with
> success, but not sure if it was done with KIO.
>
> The thing is it involves the LD_PRELOAD thing, and i'm not sure it's
> portable across other UNIXes than Linux, and it requires that the
> variable be set, which could already have been set by the
> app.unsubscribe <<

It should not be necessary to do such things as there is a mechanism in
OpenOffice to register your own supplier of files for your own URLs.
Also Ximian supplied code to integrate gnome vfs into OOo.
I encourage anyone who is interested to join dev at kde.openoffice.org.

--
CPH : openoffice.org volunteer

					http://support.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Also please reply *only* to users at openoffice.org, as your responses will be
answered more quickly, more correctly, and shared to help more people.