How to display file names

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at kdemail.net
Sun Dec 14 17:22:05 GMT 2003

#1 is the correct form since it's the proper filename, while #2 would be the
URL-encoded form (as showing in Konqueror's Location field): % is a special
character in URLs and must therefore be encoded (just like # and ?). In other
contexts, the spaces would be replaced by %20 as well, so it would read:

	bla%20%252F%20foo

Also note that '/' is an invalid character for a path component. It can only
be used as a path separator.
--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiagom at mail.com
    ICQ UIN: 1967141   PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358