eGroupware resources in KDE3.2

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Wed Dec 10 11:52:36 GMT 2003

On Saturday 06 December 2003 00:57, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ask here if it would be possible to add the XMLRPC
> resources to CVS HEAD (currently located in kdelibs/kabc/plugins/xmlrpc
> and kdepim/libkcal in egroupware_branch).
>
> The code compiles and works fine in my test case with the
> egroupware server at egroupware.org. Since the code is compiled as
> resources there won't be any additional bugs (as long as you do not use
> the plugins ;)) so it won't hurt the freeze much IMHO.
>
> I think having at least one groupware solution in the official KDE 3.2
> release would also be good for PR (since the Kolab integration will
> come foremost in a later 3.2.X release).

Everyone here has said it should be included, but you have not even
described what it is? What exactly have you implemented?

Without changes to KMail and KOrganizer, I have difficulties seeing this
described as "a groupware solution" - seems like it's support for storing
and loading the calendar and addressbook from a egroupware server.

I think it's probably fine to include this - the more the merrier - but I
do think you need to explain a bit more precisely what exactly the
changes do.

Bo.