Fwd: Our effort in hijri date

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Sun Dec 7 16:38:03 GMT 2003

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 04:30:22PM +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Forwarding to kde-pim (KOrganizer) and kde-core-devel (locale support)

KDE has an abstraction layer for different calendar systems
(developed by Hans Petter Bieker and Carlos Moro) , which is also
for example what the date picker in KDE's clock applet or KOrganizer
uses.

That would be the best place to provide an implementation for your
Hijri calenda, because it means adding your code in only one place
and applications dealing with calendars would immediately get
support for it, without further modifications.

This layer (KCalendarSystem and related classes) can be found in the
KDE CVS repository in the trunk in kdelibs/kdecore. They will be
part of the upcoming 3.2 release.

Simon