eGroupware resources in KDE3.2

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Sat Dec 6 23:40:33 GMT 2003

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 12:17:22AM +0100, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Saturday 06 December 2003 21:42, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Cornelius,

> > > Does it add new strings?
> >
> > Yes, the configuration dialogs.
>
> Couldn't you reuse some existing strings? Besides the string
> "eGroupware" which probably doesn't need translation I don't see any
> need for specific strings.
Hmm, maybe I can find some similar strings somewhere... do the strings
have to be part of the same cvs module?

> > I guess with thousands of contacts it won't perform very good because
> > of the concept of the resource framework (libkcal and libkabc...) to
> > load all data at once... for small companies it should do the job.
>
> It's not a concept of the resource framework to load all data at once.
> It's a limitation of libkabc.
Yes, and that won't be changed between the 3.2 release and 4.0 either...

> In libkcal this isn't necessary. A
> calendar resource should be able to only load the data that actually is
> required.
Hmm, Incedence::rawEvents()? ;)

> I think we really need to test this before adding it to the release.
> Increasing the startup time of Kontact by some minutes by adding a
> eGroupware resource would make a really bad impression.
significant startup time changes.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Can a government that shoots at reporters be democratic?
Separate politics from religion and economy!