Problem with kontact and "void KApplication::invokeMailer"

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Wed Dec 3 19:12:24 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 13:05, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> You should have send the patch to kde-core-devel. After all the patch
> affects kdelibs/kdecore.
>
> I doubt that this hack is the correct solution.

k, here's a funky patch.
Currently we assume that if we get DCOPClient back during registration
it means it's unique and was registered by this particular instance of
the kuniqueapplication. So the failure of newInstance call on a
dcopclient we interpret as a crash in the application. What this patch
does is that it tries to find objects on the registered client - if
that fails then we can be sure the app really crashed if not then it
means a part of that app is already registered. So we iterate over
objects to find the mainwindow of the container - once we find it we
restore it and raise it (in case it hasn't been hidden, but underneath
something). This assures that when trying to start kuniqueapplication
of the part the parent container is simply going to be raised.
The little thing that still irritates me is that the startup
notification is on for about a second longer then the window is raised
and it obviously should go away as soon as it's risen.

Zack

--
Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.