Problem with kontact and "void KApplication::invokeMailer"

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Wed Dec 3 18:39:30 GMT 2003

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 07:34:21PM +0100, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 07:13:10PM +0100, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 07:05:33PM +0100, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > You should have send the patch to kde-core-devel. After all the patch
> > > affects kdelibs/kdecore.
> > >
> > > I doubt that this hack is the correct solution.
> >
> > How about having a little stub process instead, that talks to
> > kmail/contact vi DCOP if it's running and otherwise replaces itself
> > with a new kmail/contact process? (and using that as mailer command)
> And this process would be started from startkde?

No, it's what invokeMailer starts. That stub then looks if kmail is
running and talks to it if possible. Otherwise it fires up kmail
with the appropriate arguments (replacing the current process with a
new kmail process) . But I agree with Zack, would be cool to somehow
get this working generally by using KUniqueApplication.

Simon