Wifi is really broken

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Dec 3 16:03:04 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 10:56, Mirko Boehm wrote:
> The "Wifi-Manager" and the monitor are not only different, but
> independantly developed. I let myself be talked into putting the monitor
> into the directory where the KC module is stored in CVS, but already at NH
> I expressed that I dislike the module much and would not like it to be
> released like that. Also, the author seems to have abandoned it after
> dumping it into our codebase :-(
>
> But I kind of insist that my kicker applet stays in, as it has no other
> connection to the module as to be "close to it" in CVS. And I have not
> received any open bugs related to it (although I know one: it only
> displays one wireless card).

  In general you are correct.  The applet does seem to work well, though it's
a bit unclear what each bar in the graph means, and there are two other bugs:

1) it tells me that I have encryption off (I certainly do not, my wep key is
set as ... well it's set. :-))
2) the dialog geometry is too small for the table so it has to be resize each
time it is viewed.

Nothing too bad, really.  Would you like reports filed in bugzilla?

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/