PATCH: Better cross-domain cookie detection [BR 66090]

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Wed Dec 3 01:44:50 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 20:12, Dawit A. wrote:

> > > Ahhh... Good thing you mentioned that. I found the problem. It is
> > > konqueror's attempt to detect the mimetype that was causing this issue.
> > > The "cross-domain" meta-data needs to be added to BrowserRun::scanFile
> > > and possibly to KRun::scanFile as well. That fixes my problem.
> >
> > But in this case cross-domain is set to the url that is requested, no?
> > Does it make sense to set it at all in such case?
>
> Indeed it does not. But then I do not know how we can get the
> "cross-domain" attribute down to the io-slave when one types a url into
> konqy's location bar. Otherwise the cookie coming from that site gets
> rejected, assuming the reject cross-domain option is on, simply because the
> "cross-domain" meta-data is not set.

Ahhh... following what the ssl meta-data does solves the problem for most
circumstances. New patch is attached.

NOTE: I intentionally made the code in BrowserRun::scanFile set the meta-data
iff it has not already been set. We should only worry about the case where
the user typed the URL.

NOTE2: I also added the same work around for the PropagateHttpHeader meta-data
in BrowserRun::scanFile to make 'View->Document Information' work.

--
Regards,
Dawit A.