PATCH: Better cross-domain cookie detection [BR 66090]

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Wed Dec 3 01:12:09 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 09:38, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Tue December 02 2003 15:26, Dawit A. wrote:
> > > The request is usually actually started by doing:
> > > 	emit d->m_extension->openURLRequest
> > >
> > > Then konqueror starts the job, looks at the mimetype that comes back
> > > and decides to hand the URL over to the khtml_part//openURL which then
> > > starts a new job which will get the original slave+response handed over
> > > by the scheduler.
> >
> > Ahhh... Good thing you mentioned that. I found the problem. It is
> > konqueror's attempt to detect the mimetype that was causing this issue.
> > The "cross-domain" meta-data needs to be added to BrowserRun::scanFile
> > and possibly to KRun::scanFile as well. That fixes my problem.
>
> But in this case cross-domain is set to the url that is requested, no? Does
> it make sense to set it at all in such case?

Indeed it does not. But then I do not know how we can get the "cross-domain"
attribute down to the io-slave when one types a url into konqy's location
bar. Otherwise the cookie coming from that site gets rejected, assuming the
reject cross-domain option is on, simply because the "cross-domain" meta-data
is not set.

> And can you change sourceURL() to toplevelURL() as previously agreed?

Yes.

--
Regards,
Dawit A.