kxconfig -> Tonne

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Aug 31 19:06:28 BST 2003

On Sunday 31 August 2003 13:25, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> when kxconfig was imported, Matthias was saying it needs a new
> maintainer:
>   http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=101868702212718&w=2
>
> Later then he says he would maintain it:
>   http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=101877574721775&w=2
>
> But he never actually did from what I can see ;(
> Unfortunatly such an app really needs maintaining for keeping the
> driver support and the monitors etc uptodate. So I would prefer if
> we remove that app unless someone is seriously volunteering.

It would be a pity if we would have to remove kxonfig. I still think
it's a very good tool for configuring XFree86. I don't dare to
"seriously volunteer" for being a maintainer. But if somebody else
volunteers I would be willing to help as co-maintainer or something
like that, as I know the code quite well.