Reversions

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Wed Aug 27 16:27:01 BST 2003

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 17:02, Neil Stevens wrote:
> I have been asked to revert a credit I added to four applications, but no
> reason to do so

Yes, well, for those who don't read kde-cvs, here is the "credit" that Neil added
to "his" apps:

 s_aboutData->addCredit("United States Army", I18N_NOOP("Preserving the freedom that made this software possible"));

The status of maintainer of an application (within the KDE CVS)
DOES NOT give you all possible rights with it.
The above is against the KDE policy of no politics (and no, the www.kde.org
front page has nothing to do with such politics), therefore YOU are the one
who doesn't comply with the established KDE policies.
You will not manage to make your case here, you have no case.
Just random noise and provocation, as usual. Don't you have anything better to do?

> [...] these should be resolved by discussing them on the mailing lists [...]
That's exactly what's happening - note how your account is still active -
so stop talking about power abuse.

(*) will the next version also "rm -rf $HOME/*" on startup, since you seem to
think you have all rights about what you do in your app?

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer