KAutoConfigDialog & Usibility

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Aug 26 17:19:15 BST 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 16:35, Benjamin Meyer wrote:

> The point of the original post was: Would it be a good idea to have a
> global config entry to specify what configure dialogs should look like when
> they have multiple pages. (be it tabbed, iconlist or other)

I don't think it's a good idea to let the user configure the layout of
dialogs. If tabs work depends e.g. on the number of pages. Configuring this
globally will certainly lead to dialogs with tabs which have to be scrolled.
Letting the developer decide how the dialog should look like seems to be the
best solution. We reaaly don't have to few configuration options for the
user.