Software patent protest, could kde participate ?

Christophe Devriese oelewapperke at ulyssis.org
Thu Aug 21 16:50:17 BST 2003

The FFII is organizing an online demonstration against software patents. We
want you to replace the title page of your project's site with a protest page
against software patents (for examples see below) on August 27th. If you
don't want to block access to your site you can for example put a small link
on the protest page as seen in one of the examples.

The idea is that with software patents many sites running on/serving possibly
patent infringing software (read: most free software) have to go offline
sooner or later. So why not demonstrate this effect before it's too late?

http://swpat.ffii.org/
http://swpat.ffii.org/group/demo/index.en.html

I think this really matters to kde, as sooner or later software patents will
be used against kde. We should do what we can to support this demonstration.

Oelewapperke