kmidi state of the onion

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Sun Aug 17 00:08:49 BST 2003

On Saturday 16 August 2003 22:54, Neil Stevens wrote:
> Further, Linux users not running the as-yet-unreleased Linux 2.6 get shut
> out too.  That will be the first version that ships ALSA.

Reality check (though I believe we've gone through that already) : Red Hat is
the last distrib not shipping alsa 0.9 - though may be this has changed since
I last looked - and anyone interested in MIDI on Linux *will* install alsa.
For all practical purposes, it has been the de facto standard sound driver on
Linux for at least two years now.

--
						Guillaume.
						http://www.telegraph-road.org