kmidi goes byebye.

Russell Miller rmiller at duskglow.com
Sat Aug 16 19:47:36 BST 2003

Hi all,

after a discussion with the maintainer of kmid, I've decided, unless there
are any objections, to take the following action.

1.  Compare kmidi and kmid.  Any features that kmidi has that kmid does
not will either be ported to kmid or left to dangle, as determined by
discussion with the kmid maintainer.

2.  Once kmid has folded in those features, kmidi will either be moved to
kdenonbeta or removed from kde entirely.  The code is too broken, has
a critical dependency on obsolete software, and essentially duplicates kmid,
and not as well.

It was important for me to take up this role, but at present only as a
liquidator.  Please let me know if thare are any objections.  If there are
no features to migrate to kmid, I am tentatively scheduling the move/removal
for September 1.

After this is done, I expect to put more work in kbview with the goal of
adding it to the kde project, and working on other aspects of the kde project.
Maybe fixing a couple of annoying bugs in khtml :)

--Russell