Removal of -pedantic and -pedantic-errors from acinclude.m4.in

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sat Aug 16 01:31:27 BST 2003

On Fre, 15 Aug 2003, Neil Stevens wrote:

> According to the gcc manpage, -pedantic-errors (see subject) turns warnings
> demanded by ANSI into errors, causing the compiler to reject valid code.

we don't set -pedantic-errors as compiler flag for KDE sources, so whatever
you say about it, it has nothing to do with KDE.

We do set it for some configure checks though, and if you have a proof that
some configure check fails because of that on your platform while you think
that it should pass, then we can discuss that.

Otherwise this thread is just largely off-topc and contains nothing more
than hot air.

--
Dirk