[kde-doc-english]Re: Fwd: "filename" or "file name"

Michael Dean mtdean at theriver.com
Tue Aug 12 20:54:21 BST 2003

On Tuesday August 12 2003 03:38 am, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 August 2003 08:42, Rob Kaper wrote:
> > No, but they do reflect common mistakes. It's "file name".
>
> Only in Rob's own little world perhaps, elsewhere "filename" is the
> standard:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/glossary98/html/_gloss_glossary_f.a
>sp?frame=true
> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/AquaHIGu
>idelines/AppBTerms/index.html
>
> Bye,
>    Steve

That's because you can't use spaces in the names of variables, so many
developers just write filename instead of file_name or fileName, but
according to the proper rules of the English language, it's file name.

--
I hear that if you play the Windows XP CD backwards, you get a satanic message
"That's nothing. If you play it forward, it installs Windows XP!"