KDEPrint code cleanup

Dominik Seichter domseichter at web.de
Fri Aug 1 11:24:04 BST 2003

Am Freitag, 1. August 2003 12:11 schrieb Michael Goffioul:
> > Because one shall be able to use KBarcode in batch printing mode. One can
> > do "kbarcode -b datafile.cvs -l label.kbarcode -d MyPrinter" to print
> > lot's of labels in batchmode on the printer MyPrinter. So the printer can
> > be selected without opening a dialog. I have seen no other way to do
> > this.
>
> KPrinter::autoConfigure is what you're looking for, and it's indeed
> *very* similar to part of your code in printersettings.cpp, which
> should look like:
>
> if (immediately)
> {
>     if (!printer->setup(parent))
>        return 0;
> }
> else if (!prn.isEmpty())
>     printer->autoConfigure(prn);
I see. I did not know about this function, but I'll use it in the next version
of kbarcode (it's to late for todays 1.3.5 release :-( ).

> > The KBarcode source code could of course be fixed with some #ifdef's so
> > that compiling will work even against every KDE versions, but old
> > binaries would be broken.
>
> Indeed, too bad :-( I'll keep my changes then...
I hope to release the next stable release of KBarcode soon and it will be
surely available before KDE 3.2. I hope that all users will update to
KBarcode 1.4.0 as many bugs will be fixed in this release. As I will use
printer->autoConfigure() in this release, I think it is save for you to make
your changes to the KPrinter code as long as they do not get backported to
KDE 3.1. Most people who will upgrade to KDE 3.2 will  also be able to
upgrade to KBarcode 1.4.0.

CU Dom
Dominik Seichter - domseichter at web.de
Krename - http://www.krename.net