dcopidl vs DCOPReply

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Aug 1 05:05:47 BST 2003

   I'm going to ask one more time before I make the decision myself.  Which
one should be repaired, dcopidl or the DCOPReply code (which uses
dcopTypeName())?  dcopTypeName(long) returns "long".  dcopidl converts "long"
to "long int", which means that using longs with dcop idl doesn't work.  The
string compare clearly fails.  Likewise I see "ulong" as "ulong" vs "unsigned
long".  I'm sure there are more inconsistencies or missing conversions too.
This is a rather major bug in DCOP, IMHO.  I had code silently failing (only
a console message which was missed since it's a kded module) for days without
realising it.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/