KPrefs status

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fri Aug 1 00:29:47 BST 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 12:45:14AM +0200, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> - I added cfgc, the configuration compiler, which creates KPrefs
> subclasses from configuration-description files.

> It uses an XML description

i don't like that part. kconfig xt will solve this differently - and i'd
prefer to have only one config description language (i.e., formalized
config comments) in kdelibs. you could use your experience with this
language to help design the new kconfig stuff, though.

> and convert this into C++ code.

fwiw, it might be worth checking, which things (particularily type checking,
enum conversions, etc.) considered for kconfig would be duplicated in
kprefs - i'd prefer not to have any, so it would be strictly speaking
better to implement (or at least design exactly) kconfig xt first.

greetings