Reason for -no-stl in qt-copy configure recommendation?

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Mon Apr 28 23:07:39 BST 2003

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 11:20:04PM +0200, Marc Mutz wrote:
> Oh, and regarding the readability and maintainability of STL vs. QTL
> code: Where, _please_, is the difference between
[snip]

how about a better example:
your use of both push_back and += in the example.
no need whatsoever. just confusing.

there is not much qt code that ever required
me to do a manual lookup, otoh almost every
last bit of the stl code you used did. unique
requires a fair bit of docs, is just not well
defined enough. therefore, imo its crap :)

i still think a dict/map of qstrings is
not too slow and pretty darn easy to read.

Alex