Reason for -no-stl in qt-copy configure recommendation?

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Apr 28 22:20:04 BST 2003

On Monday 28 April 2003 20:19, George Staikos wrote:
<snip>
>    We already have std::vector equivalence in Qt.  What you are
> saying is that only things that cannot be done with Qt may be done
> with STL?  I will be interested to see this.
<snip>

Look at the case that started this thread: I use QStringList and want to
have std::unique() functionality. I do what I can in Qt (QStringList,
QStringList::sort()) and use the STL for things that cannot be done
with Qt (std::unique()). And no, a for loop is not a replacement.

Oh, and regarding the readability and maintainability of STL vs. QTL
code: Where, _please_, is the difference between

  std::copy( foo.begin(), foo.end(), bar.begin() );

and

  qCopy( foo.begin(), foo.end(), bar.begin() );

Marc

--
It seems that the only thing worse than being an enemy of the US is
being a close friend and ally.