Reason for -no-stl in qt-copy configure recommendation?

Harri Porten porten at kde.org
Thu Apr 24 15:49:00 BST 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, David Faure wrote:

> > What part of the #ifndef QT_NO_STL code do you need ? If the ifndefs can
> > be changed to include some extra typedefs w/o requiring STL headers to be
> > used that would be fixable in Qt 3.2.
>
> [...]
> /usr/include/c++/3.2/bits/stl_iterator_base_types.h:123: no type named `iterator_category' in `class QValueListIterator<QString>'

Thanks.

Those are typedefs for std::bidirectional_iterator_tag. Hmmm. I tried to
worked around that by instead using

    typedef bidirectional_iterator_tag iterator_category;

in QValueListIterator and adding the following surrogates:

    struct input_iterator_tag {};
    struct forward_iterator_tag : public input_iterator_tag {};
    struct bidirectional_iterator_tag : public forward_iterator_tag {};

Got confusing error messages. Gave up. If somebody has a simple fix feel
free to submit it to qt-bugs.

Harri.