kmix maintanence - please direct bugreports to me

Gerhard den Hollander gerhard at jasongeo.com
Thu Apr 24 07:56:48 BST 2003

* Stephan Kulow <coolo at kde.org> (Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 10:15:33PM +0200)
> Am Wednesday 23 April 2003 23:08 schrieb Hetz Ben Hamo:
> > > I am in the process of cleaning all the minor stuff and preparing for
> > > bigger stuff, for example multiple mixer devices with ALSA driver are now
> > > supported (yeah). Next thing is layout change - mixer names will be
> > > placed vertically besides sliders.
> >
> > I would like to ad a small idea that's bugging me for quite a while.
> >
> > I'm using few computers at work and some at home with those "multimedia"
> > keyboards - you know, those with volume keys, etc - is there a way to make
> > those keys work with kmix to increase/decrease the volume through some
> > calls? (dcop calls?). I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to use those
> > keys for this...
> >
> You can define those keys to be F13-F25 (a bit playing with xev + xmodmap)
> and then use kmenuedit to call some scripts that call dcop kmix Mixer0
> increaseVolume

Wow ...
That's indeed something that has been on my ``figure out how to do this if
time left'' list ...

Unfortunately it does not work for me

% /opt/kde3/bin/dcop kmix Mixer0 increaseVolume
call failed
% /opt/kde3/bin/dcop kmix Mixer0
object 'Mixer0' in application 'kmix' not accessible
% /opt/kde3/bin/dcop kmix
No such application: 'kmix'

Currently listening to: The Smashing Pumpkins - 05 - Porcelina of Vast Oceans

	Gerhard,  <faliquid at xs4all.nl>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	- What's the news ?
 =`\<,	= Well, I've run down the back, and we're right out of parrots