Move KRename to KDE CVS

Michael v.Ostheim MvOstheim at web.de
Mon Apr 21 09:17:58 BST 2003

Hi,

On Sunday 20 April 2003 20:26, Stephan Binner wrote:
>Part is a good keyword: Any plan to integrate it into Konqueror as kpart?

> GUI-wise it doesn't adhere to the KDE UI style guide and this mixture of a
> wizard and a tab widget with clickable labels is horrible.
I agree that the UI needs some modification, and maybe that integration into
Konqueror is the better way.

But apart from that I think, a powerful renaming tool ist a must for an easy
to use desktop environment. Today many people handling with big archives of
pictures, mp3's, movies and so on. Most of them are not command line guru's
and failing on simple tasks like renaming dozens of digicam pictures from
card*.jpg to mybirthday*.jpg  for example. KRename will be a big advantage
for them. I'm a happy KRename user too.

Best regards,
Michael v.Ostheim