Removal of KEdit

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Sun Apr 20 19:57:47 BST 2003

On April 20, 2003 03:11 pm, Stephan Binner wrote:

> > if one moved Kate to kdesdk then voila! two text editors in the base
> > install of KDE for non-programmers.
>
> Well, three - there is also krichtexteditor (blame me for disabling it ;).

Since KRichTextEditor *AND* KEdit are just *really* wrappers around QTextEdit,
what should be done IMO is just add a --plaintext cmdline option / gui option to
KRichTextEdit that turns off all the RTF menus, thus putting it into plaintext only
mode. Such an option would make it *exactly* equivalent to KEdit, once find and
replace were added on.

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org