Removal of KEdit

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Sat Apr 19 13:45:54 BST 2003

On April 19, 2003 09:30 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Saturday April 19, 2003 02:50, Stephan Binner wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >  It's often critized that default full installation has 3 editors.
>
> How many times must we go over this same argument?  I thought we settled
> this with the inclusion of Juk: Different apps with different purposes are
> fine.

I fail to see what the purpose of KEdit is when we have KWrite and KRichTextEdit.
KWrite can do everything KEdit does, and much much more, and uses the exact
same resources.

On top of the app being unneeded, the library KEdit is just an outdated interface to
QMultiLineEdit which does not even really exist in QT anymore (QMLE is now just
a wrapper to QTextEdit), so it is totally obsolete.

The KEdit app AND the lib should both be made the way of the dinosaur.

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org