Applet for KMenuBar in toplevel mode

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Apr 17 14:57:34 BST 2003

On Saturday 12 of April 2003 21:26, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 April 2003 20:48, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > this should be the final (*cough*) version of the Kicker applet for
> > swallowing KMenuBar in toplevel mode, thus allowing it to "have" clock
> > etc. Flames and similar stuff are welcome.
>
> X-KDE-UniqueApplet seems to be ignored.

 Kicker bug, and can be seen with any unique applet. Appletproxy-loaded
applets get different treatment. Dlopen-ed plugins get loaded and registered
in PluginLoader, but those loaded via appletproxy aren't loaded using
PluginLoader, so the unique check doesn't know about them. I'm not sure how
to best fix this.

> It's difficult/impossible to add
> an- other applets to the right side of it because it stretches to full
> space.

 It's a stretch applet *shrug*. The taskbar applet does the same.

> And if there is not enough space to show all menu entries then it's
> not indicated.

 The menubar will become two rows high just like normal menubar. It's not a
great idea to try to run it in 100x20 applet. But I'll think about solving
this somehow.

> If menubar toplevel mode is disabled, the applet is empty. It should display
> what purpose it has/how to activate toplevel mode.

 Tooltip? Otherwise I don't think something so large would fit inside the
applet.

> Have a menu applet running. Turn off toplevel mode. Turn it on again. Applet
> will not update anymore.

 Fixed already.

> Remove the applet. Now the extension keep its po-
> sition underneath the native toplevel menu and menu has old applet size.

 Working on this.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer